Back Pain: Its Causes and Possible Treatments
Back pain is one of the most common medical issues, affecting millions of people of different age groups every year. The good news is that in most cases, back pain does not indicate something serious and is caused by a simple muscle strain that does not require special treatment. However, there are also other possible medical conditions that may be causes of back pain. They are:
- Poor posture
- Sciatica (a painful condition characterized by numbness or tingling in one of the legs)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Spinal infections
- Tumors in the back
- Scoliosis (spinal curvature)
Possible Back Pain Treatment
Most back pains do not require any special treatment and get better after a few weeks of home treatment. Therefore, if you are experiencing back pain, the first thing you should do is to wait a few weeks to see if the pain disappears. If the pain is not going away after a month, it is time to see a doctor. After examination, your doctor may suggest the following treatment options:
- Medications. The most common medications for back pain are over-the-counter pain relievers, muscle relaxants, topical pain relievers, and narcotics
- Physical therapy. This method includes different exercises to strengthen the core, abdominal, and back muscles. Regular use of physical therapy exercises prevents the pain from returning. In addition, a physical therapist will tell how to modify the movements during a back pain episode to avoid flaring painful symptoms.
- Surgery. In most severe cases, surgery may be needed. Surgeries are usually reserved for pain that is related to structural health issues, including the narrowing of the spine canal (spinal stenosis) or a herniated disc.
Does Chiropractic Treatment Help?
Chiropractic care is the type of treatment that is used to diagnose and then treat health problems that affect muscles, ligaments, nerves, and other parts of the body. It has been proven to be effective in treating different types of back pain and preventing it from appearing again. Spinal manipulations are the main method used by chiropractors. However, sometimes, they may also use other chiropractic practices.
Chiropractor In Twin Falls - Your Guide To A Healthy Life
If you are searching for a chiropractor in Twin Falls who provides back pain treatment, then Eastland Chiropractic can help. Our clinic has been serving patients with a variety of health issues since 1994. Our chiropractors are committed to providing all types of chiropractic solutions to address the needs of our patients. Therefore, if you have been living with back pain for a while, it is finally time to get rid of it and start enjoying your life again.