Sciatica Treatment With Chiropractic Care
Dr. Noel Senecal and his team at Eastland Chiropractic understand that problems the symptoms of sciatica can be far more serious than simple back pain.
If left untreated, the effects of a compressed sciatic nerve are not only are painful but can be debilitating to the point of making normal daily activities seem all but impossible.
As your chiropractor, Dr. Senecal will answer all your questions and provide treatment for lasting relief from your sciatic nerve pain.
Chiropractic Treatment for Sciatica Nerve Pain
Sciatica nerve pain is caused by the compression of the Sciatic nerve. Various ways this compression can occur are:
- Misaligned vertebral bodies (spine subluxations)
- Slipped disks (bulging or herniated disks
- Non-spinal disorders such as diabetes, constipation, and/or sitting on one's back wallet
- Piriformis syndrome. Named for the piriformis muscle that connects the spine to the hip which aids in rotation. Various causes for this syndrome include when the piriformis is injured during a slip or fall, hip arthritis, or a difference in leg length.
As well as pain, sciatic nerve compression can result in the paralysis of a group of muscles (monoplegia), a limb, loss of feeling, and insomnia.
Sciatica can be the result of several disorders, so your chiropractor must first determine the cause of your condition. Some of the tests your chiropractor may call for include: x-ray, CT scan, MRI, electrodiagnostic tests (electromyography). and/or nerve conduction velocity or (NCV).
The treatment prescribed depends on the underlying cause of a person’s sciatica. Typical courses of treatment include:
- Ice/ Cold – helps to reduce inflammation that causes excess pressure.
- TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) – a portable muscle stimulating machine that generates variable intensities of electrical current to reduce muscle spasms and control acute pain.
- Laser Therapy- helps reduce inflammation and decreases pain and speeds healing at the cellular level.
- Spinal adjustments – Spinal manipulation is used to restore movement and vertebral bodies (subluxation) resulting in a proper realignment of the spine. These adjustments help to reduce nerve irritability responsible for pain and inflammation.
Call Eastland Chiropractic Today!
On rare occasion, the cause of a person’s sciatic nerve pain is beyond our scope. Should that be determined, we will refer them to a specialist. Generally, we continue to provide ongoing treatment to ensure a full recovery.
Call us to learn more about the causes and treatment of sciatica nerve pain or to schedule an appointment.
Eastland Chiropractic 1126 Eastland Dr N # 300, Twin Falls ID, 8330 Phone: 208-734-7077